The information will help you in preparing your files for the best possible printing quality at Hughes Corporate Printing.
We accept most modern graphics formats. However, we work fastest with a print-ready PDF file. Some artwork charges may apply to accepting artwork in other formats. Artwork is billed at the rate of $85 per hour. For special requests on design projects, please contact Customer Service at 863-297-7090 for details.
Make sure you are using high resolution artwork for anything you want us to print. When you bring us your file(s) also try to bring copies of your fonts and a printed sample of how the document should look. Make PDF files whenever possible.
Tips on producing print ready pdf's
Working In Adobe Creative Suite? Once your art is prepared in the native application, using the right settings to export your pdf is crucial! There are several settings based on the source/native application you use. The list below focuses on some important points to ensure you produce a high quality print ready file.
- Most applications have an option for Hi Quality Print export that usually covers most of these requirements
- Focus on using hi resolution images
- If your project requires bleed (image runs to edge of final trim) include 1/8 inch image on all sides
- Embed all fonts if possible
- Color bars and marks are not required
- Color profiles are not required
- Don't worry, if any of the above requests (except Hi Resolution Images) are not implemented . . . Our digital specialist have the tools to fix, edit and repair any PDF file supplied
- If you require assistance or have any other questions, please call 863-297-7090 and ask for Jeff Flemming or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Advanced Tips for Professionals
The following tips are intended for graphics professionals: Embed fonts, convert text to outlines, don't use trapping, avoid transparency in front of spot colors, generate PDF 1.4 files when possible.